The daily chore of getting the mail interrupted our drive up to Cadillac Mountain for sunset. To make the most of the mundane task I always continue my drive by this beautiful vista and turn around in the beach parking lot. Those clouds and low tide were begging for this picture to be taken. We did make it to Cadillac for sunset, one of the last times this season. The road closes December 2, one day later this year!
Below are my post-processing steps. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
The raw Fujiflim X100S image:
Applied the VSCO Fuji Velvia 50 Landscape+ preset, starting to bring back some of the color.
In Nik Color Efex Pro applied Tonal Contrast and Skylight Filter.
- Unsharpened the water for smoothness
- Brighten and warned the stream
- Added contrast and saturation to the clouds
- Added a half-stop graduated filter to the clouds
- Added vignette
After a quick critique with Doug, these were the final edits:
- In Nik Veviza: added slight orange to the sun
- In Lightroom: lightened bottom and cropped bottom
EXIF data: Fujifilm X100S, 23mm, f/8 (&B there), 1/400 sec, ISO 200, 11/16/13, 3:41 PM